Expand Ambulatory Surgery – Madison
William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin
Expand Ambulatory Surgery: The nationally recognized William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Medical Center has continued to be on the leading edge of facility improvements, rehabilitation treatment, and community based outpatient clinics. With over 125 beds, they serve more 130,000 veterans living in 15 counties throughout southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
The William S. Middleton VA Medical Center requested Nagel Architects to convert the existing ambulatory surgical environment and neighboring space into a streamlined and efficient Cystoscopic/Hybrid Operating room. A second area was also converted into a new Endoscopy/Gastrointestinal room and Minor Procedure room. Additional renovation supported improved operations included creation of physician PACT space as well improvements to endoscopy scope processing flows.
- Convert and renovate existing space into new Cystoscopic/Hybrid operating rooms
- Renovate existing room into a new Endoscopy/Gastrointestinal room
- Redesign Penthouse to include a new Air Handling Unit
- All renovated areas include corridors doors, card access improvements, and restricted security
- Structural, environmental, architectural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical design were included