Great News! We have been chosen to design the MRI footprint expansion at the New Mexico VA Healthcare System in Albuquerque. The VA aims to create a state of the art second MRI space and share common support functions such as the control room. New patient dressing rooms and waiting areas are included in the renovation as well.
With the latest social changes in delivering medicine, the design team will incorporate a patient focused design and the latest MRI trends. Our designs have a deep respect for the patient and their supporting families.
The new design will comply with VA sustainability and commissioning guides and will also pursue LEED Silver certification. Nagel Architects + Engineers is the primary contract holder. Consultants include Affiliated Engineers Inc, SCL Consulting, and Middleton Construction Consulting.
Nagel Architects + Engineers is pleased to be awarded a new contract by the Great Lakes Acquisition Center to reduce energy consumption and improve the existing mechanical system at the Madison Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC). Once complete, the VA anticipates a reduction in their energy consumption in addition to accurately control the HVAC systems to provide a comfortable and stable environment for staff and clients.
Following congress’ goals towards reducing energy consumption in the US, the Madison VAMC is seeking to reduce energy waste while improving the building environment. Strategies being considered include:
- Air handling unit upgrades which include new variable frequency drives to control airflow.
- Replacing all controls, sensors, and motorized devices to digital controls compatible with the existing building automation system.
- Update lighting controls for parking areas that will operate in response to natural light and time-clock function.
- Replace the existing and outdated district steam heating system with new state of the art high efficiency boilers and variable speed hot water distribution system.
- Upgrade and replace existing perimeter fan coil units along building perimeter rooms.
- Update and replace existing controls for air and water distribution systems to digital controls compatible with the building automation system.